Join Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre for a summer-long internship! This internship will give participants an opportunity to work in a professional theatre setting.
- Perform and/or work on two mainstage productions along with professional
actors, technicians, and administrators.
- Perform and work in a Children’s Theatre setting throughout the summer.
- Attend masterclasses with industry professionals ranging from regional to
Broadway work in multiple areas of theatrical production.
- Management interns will work closely with the Managing Artistic Director
learning the inner workings of a non-profit professional theatre.
The program will begin the week of Sunday, June 5th, and will conclude on Monday, August 1st. Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre is a Mars Hill tradition almost fifty years inthe making, located in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Interns will be provided shared apartment space on Mars Hill University campus and will be provided a $125 per week stipend.
Interns will be primarily responsible for performing and working in Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre’s 2022 Summer season but will also have some box office and minimal technical theatre responsibilities in addition to their rehearsal, performance, and management duties during the duration of the summer.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university at the time of applying.
- Must possess an ability to perform in front of children.
- Must have an interest and passion for learning about the world of professional theatre.
- Must have a willingness to collaborate with others.
- Must promote an inclusive and healthy working culture in a theatrical setting.
2022 internship applications are due on February 28th at 5:00pm. No applications will be accepted after that time.